Under the direction of the National Security Agency, the National IA Education and Training Program (NIETP) certifies course content to meet national standards set forth by the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS). The course evaluation process is called the Information Assurance Course Evaluation (IACE).
Master's in Cybersecurity
This program in 100% online and provides students conceptual and hands-on approaches to learn the critical components of cybersecurity, including security intelligence analytics and data mining, information security, risk management, systems security management, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, network security, system cybersecurity engineering and cyber warfare. Visit the program here.
Additional Certificate Eligibility
In addition to the above, students completing the courses will be eligible for the following:
- The Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Information Security, from The University of Arizona’s Graduate College (for-credit earning student status only)
- The MIS Departmental Enterprise Security Certificate
- CPE units for CISSP, ISSAP, ISSEP, ISSMP, CAP and SSCP designation(s). These designations are offered by (ISC)².
- CPE units for CISM and CRISC designations which are offered by ISACA.
- One year of qualified work experience towards the the Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®) designation.*
For more information on MIS Distance Learning Courses and the Enterprise Security Certificate program, please visit the MISonline website.
* In June 2014, the National Information Assurance Education and Training Program (NIETP) office under the authority of the U.S. National Security Agency announced that the University of Arizona was re-designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAE-IAE) for the academic years 2014 to 2021. The Security Graduate Certificate as submitted to ISACA was found to be in alignment with the ISACA® Model Curriculum for Information Security Management, 2nd Edition. Graduates of this program qualify for one year work experience toward the Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®) designation.