The Information Assurance and Security Education Center (IASEC) is an interdisciplinary center which fosters curriculum development, research, professional alliances with industry and community, and education outreach as it applies to areas of cybersecurity education, training, and awareness.
IASEC’s primary mission is to promote cybersecurity in the form of education, training, awareness and research to address the cyber vulnerabilities of our nation’s information infrastructure.
IASEC activities include:
- Coordinating, promoting and offering cybersecurity coursework and related educational interfaces to assist in meeting the national demand for information and cyber security professionals;
- Promoting responsible information and cyber security principles to current and future professionals in business and multidisciplinary studies as a continuing commitment to excellence in cybersecurity education;
- Developing partnerships and alliances with external corporate and industry organizations for pursuing joint educational and research opportunities in cybersecurity;
- Pursuing research and grant opportunities in all related areas of information and cyber security;
- Facilitating and offering students pursuing cybersecurity coursework scholarships and grants;
- Issuing competency certificates on behalf of the US National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee for National Systems Security (CNSS) to students completing information security coursework;
- Providing outreach cybersecurity education to K-12 educational levels as well as other interested parties and organizations.
For additional information, please contact us.