The Information Assurance and Security Education Center (IASEC) is an interdisciplinary center which fosters curriculum development, research, professional alliances with industry and community, and education outreach as it applies to areas of information security education, training, and awareness (SETA). IASEC’s primary mission is to promote information security and information assurance in the form of education, training, awareness and research to address the cyber vulnerabilities of our nation’s information infrastructure.
IASEC’s related activities will include:
- Coordinating, promoting and offering information security and IA coursework and related educational interfaces to assist in meeting the national demand for information security and IA professionals;
- Promoting responsible information security and IA principles to current and future professionals in business and multidisciplinary studies as a continuing commitment to excellence in IA education;
- Developing partnerships and alliances with external corporate and industry organizations for pursuing joint educational and research opportunities in IA;
- Pursuing research and grant opportunities in all related areas of information security and information assurance;
- Facilitating and offering students pursuing info security and IA coursework scholarships and grants;
- Issuing competency certificates on behalf of the US National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee for National Systems Security (CNSS) to students completing information security and IA coursework;
- Providing outreach IA education to K-12 educational levels as well as other interested parties and organizations.